Baptist Ministry Assistants of Virginia (BMAV)
We are an autonomous professional organization for secretaries, administrative assistants, and ministry assistants — full time, part time or volunteers — in local churches, in denomination and association offices and agencies in Virginia, as well as those retired from such positions.
Founded in 1987 as the Virginia Baptist Secretaries Association, the organization changed its name to Baptist Ministry Assistants of Virginia in 2002 to reflect the diversity of its members and their job descriptions in their ministries.
BMAV’s purposes are:
- to encourage individual spiritual growth and maturity
- to promote professional excellence and encourage improvement of individual performance
- to offer opportunities for continuing education and spiritual enrichment
- to develop a greater understanding of the church’s mission and the ministry assistant’s part in that mission
- to work cooperatively with other Baptist churches and entities in Virginia